- Remote control using a static IP allows the connection between a tablet and the GLS-2000 using Wi-Fi and a VNC application.
- Virtual network computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop sharing application that utilizes the remote frame buffer protocol to remotely control another computer.
- A dynamic internet protocol (IP) address is a temperary IP address that is assigned to a computing device when connected to a network
- Remote control is ideal for hazardous locations and high instrument setups
- Remote control is limited to 0.5fps and connection range of 5 meters.
- Data saved to GLS-2000 SD card
- GLS-2000 with fully charged batteries
- Dealer installed GLS-2000 firmware version 1.4
- Dealer perform GLS-2000 WLAN module unlock and turn on
- User provided tablet with free VNC application installed
- Select Config
- Select Network Settings
- Select WLAN
- Turn ON the power
- Take note of the default IP address
- Select OK to save the settings