- In the Home screen click Survey
- On the following screen select Monitor to measure one or more prisms repeatedly and use the measurements to detect changes in the position of the prisms. The measurements are recorded into the raw data file.
Monitor Point List
From the M icon pop-up menu you can select:
- Backsight to open the Backsight dialog.
- Monitor Config to open the Monitor Options dialog.
- Edit Point Lists to open the List of points Lists dialog.
The backsight wizard helps you specify a reference direction of a Total Station survey.
In the Occupation Point group you can:
Enter the name of the Point, where the total station is located. You can set the occupied point in one of the following ways:
- Type in the name of the point.
- Choose the point from the map
- Choose the point from the list of the job points.
- Determine an arbitrary point near an alignment.
- Determine the point location by resection.
- Compute the elevation of an occupied point by vertical resection.
- Type in the height of the instrument (HI).
- Select the way to specify the scale factor for the given occupation point.
- Enter the name of the Point, where the total station is located. You can set the occupied point in one of the following ways:
To configure settings for data output in the Monitor survey:
- From Log To, select None, File, or COM1 for data output.
- Select the Type of data to output: Raw Data or Coordinates.
- Select the Format from FC-5, FC-6/GTS-7 or GTS-6 for raw data output, or GGA to output coordinates.
- If File is chosen to log to, the File Name field shows the default file name
- If a serial COM1 port is selected, configure the port.
- Select the Store As Check Point check box to store the measurements as Check Points to the original points in the monitor list;
Prior to setting up the Monitoring measurements, it is necessary to edit the Point List that will be selected later in the measurment process.
The Point Lists dialog contains a list of existing Point Lists, and the two windows, which display the general view of the selected list in the horizontal and vertical planes. To view the currently selected point list in a larger map, double-click one of the map plots.
- Click Edit to edit the properties of the selected point list: Point List tab
- Click Add to create a new point list.
- Click Delete to remove the selected point list from the list.
To control the monitor survey:
- The name of the Point to be measured displays.
- Set the interval listed as the Cycle Time. If a prism cannot be found after a period of 15 seconds, the total station will rotate to the next point in the sequence.
- In the Retries field you can specify the number of repeated measurements of a point, if the first measurement was faulty.
- If Auto is set to ON, the total station automatically rotates to the next point in the sequence and records a measurement. al.
The M icon brings up the pop-up menu of additional options..
It is a good practice in monitoring observations to configure the air conditions around the instrument for calculating the atmospheric correction of measured distances:
- Enter the value of the Temperature in the current units.
- Enter the value of the air Pressure in the current units.
- Enter the value of the relative Humidity in the current units.
- PPM shows the relative distance error calculated for these values.
- Click the Send to Instrument button that appears only for supported instruments