- The following information will cover the available options under the Projects tab when using your Topcon 3D system. This information was created for software version 220.127.116.11 3D-MC and 18.104.22.168 3DMC Max.
- The Project is typically supplied by the engineer and contains all the site information required for the 3D system to function properly.
- Within the Projects option the operator can store multiple site projects allowing for easy access when moving from on project to another.
- After touching the Projects tab the job files window will display all the current projects loaded into the control box.
- The operator will touch to high light the project to be the active project and select OK.
Creating a New Project
- The New option would allow for an operator to create a new blank project, This project would not have any Control Data or Surface information.
- This might be an option if an operator arrives on a job where no Project data was available yet.
- Using the system the operator could do a single point Localization and create a simple surface to begin stripping or leveling parking areas.
- After selecting the New button the operator will be prompted to name the new project.
- The Preload data from current active project: allows the operator to copy specific data for the current active project into the new project.
- The Copy option is used to either copy an entire Project in or out of the Control Box.
The “From” pull down allows the operator to define where the project is being copied from.
- 3DMC folder is the internal location with in the 3D-MC software where all the files are stored.
- “D” is the external USB port on the Topcon control box.
- “SiteLink3D inbox” is where projects are stored after being sent to the machine via SiteLink. This option is only available if SiteLink has been installed on the machine.
- In this example the Project is being copied form the internal 3DMC folder to an external USB.
- The “Export” option allows the user to select any of the individual files within the Project.
- As you can see in the image on the right each file can be identified by its Ext.
- The “All” option selects all the files to be exported as individual files.
- The Select option allows the user to select individual files to be exported. Highlight the desired file and touch the select soft key.
- All selected files will display Yes under the Export column.
- The Rename option allows the operator to Rename the file as it is Exported. The Rename feature will not rename the file in the 3DMC folder.