- BIM 360 Layout supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections
- This guide focuses on a Bluethooth connection including a RC unit
- To connect the BIM 360 Layout app to a total station / RC unit a Bluetooth Bridge is required
- If you are not using a RC unit the general instructions are the same
- Turn total station on
- Make sure total station Comms are set to Bluetooth
- Turn RC unit on
- Pair total station and RC unit
- Turn Bluetooth Bridge on
- Enable Bluetooth on the iPad
- Launch BIM 360 Layout
- Open a model
- Tap the profile picture in the upper right corner
- Tap on "Settings"
- Tap on "Instrument"
- Select an instrument system configuration
- Turn on the "Reset BT bridge" option
- Tap "Done"
- Select "Yes" to reset Bluetooth bridge and connect to a new total station
- "Reset successful" pop up appears
- if this pop up does not appear repeat steps 4-7
- Tap "OK"
- Power Bluetooth Bridge off and on
- Wait 10 seconds!
- Close the BIM 360 Layout app
- Start the BIM 360 Layout app
- BIM 360 Layou shows a "Connected" pop up
- RC unit controller light goes solid red
BIM 360 Layout will remember this setup until you want to connect to a new total station / RC unit