- The Topcon control system does not change. However the machine on which the system is mounted does. Motor Graders/Dozers and Excavators all have wear edges that require replacement over time. As the cutting edges or bucket teeth wear, the operator may encounter an elevation error. On machines with cutting edges, not only will the elevation be affected by the wear, but as the cutting edge wears, it can also induce a slope error.
- Typically, once the hydraulics are set, they do not require any adjustments. However over time, due to mechanical wear or hydraulic services, fine tuning may be required for optimal performance.
- The 3DMAX Dozer system differs from a standard MC2 system by utilizing two IMU sensors—one on the blade and one on the body. The GPS antennas are positioned on the roof of the machine.
- Two calibrations will be required, as the cutting edge wears to maintain the system accuracy.
- The 3D-MC software has a built in routine making the calibrations fast and simple.
Under Control select MC2+ Calibration.
- Select the Calibration MC2 + Sensor option to begin the calibration process.
- At any time during the calibration, the operator may select Cancel to end the calibration process without affecting the previous calibration
Cross Slope Calibration
Follow the steps outlined on the screen to perform the Cross Slope calibration.
- Note: the image shows the level on top of the cutting edge for illustration purposes only. The operator will be measuring the slope of the surface the blade is resting on.
- Press next after entering the cross slope.
Follow the steps outlined on the screen to perform the Sensor Mainfall calibration.
- Note: the image shows the level on top of the Tracks for illustration purposes only. The operator will be measuring the slope of the surface the machine is resting on.
- Press Finish after entering the main slope value.