This article takes you throught the few simple steps to get your Detla Link unit up and running. The Delta Link comes with all required component including mounting kit, THP sensor and total station cable. All the user has to do is to install the SIM card if used.
Step 1: Install the SIM card
- Take the Delta Link out of the box and do not connect any power source
- Use the provided hex-key to open the lid. Carefull when lifting as the lid is connected with an earth wire to the box for safety reasons
- Insert your SIM card into the SIM holder and lock it in place, see picture for location. Only standard SIM cards are accepted (H x W = 25x15mm) Standard SIM card are sometimes also called mini-SIM.
- Close the lid again, taking care of screwing down the lid in multiple passes so to equaly tighten each screw. This will ensure the IP65 raiting is maintained
Step 2: Attached all connectors
- Connect all supplied components to the Delta Link box. The Delta Link kit comes with a rewireable AC mains connector but you can also order a power cord with a connector suitable for your region. This power cord should only be used for setup purposes in the office.
- Don't forgot to also connect the backup battery box itself
- If all connections are made properly the Delta Link unit will boot automaticaly. This can be checked by searching for a Wi-Fi network with a name that contains the last 6 digits of your Delta Link serial number
TIP: As there are many connectors on the Delta Link, connect first the bottom row, then the top row and the AC mains as last
Step 3: Choose your connection method
Decide on what method you use for connecting, the easiest is Wi-Fi direct (WLAN) or ETH direct (LAN). At this point the web-protal connection would only be available if you connect the Delta Link to a wired network with internet access.
- Connect via SSID (network key of your Delta Link box is located on the back of the box (e.g. DeltaLinkMgmtXXXXXX where XXXXXX are the last 6 digits of the serial-number of the unit)
- Default password to connect to the Wi-Fi is 33dlwlandefault (can be changed later)
Connect an ETH cable
- Either directly to the Delta Link unit (prefered for fisrt time setup)
- into your company wirred network
- Check if bonjour printer services is installed and working on your computer, we use this to be able to find the Delta Link. How to check if bonjour is installed can be found at the bottom of this article
NOTE: After the first startup, the regional settings should be checked in LinkConfig to ensure the Wi-Fi settings comply with your region
Step 4: Connect to the Delta Link
As mentioned in step 3 at the first time setup you can only use the web-portal control if the Delta Link is connected to a internet enabled wired network. Otherwise you will have to use a VNC viewer, Topcon recommends Tight VNC and this is freely available in the internet.
Using VNC viewer
Start the VNC viewer and as server address type one of the following:
- for Wi-fi direct connection: 192.168.88.5 (this does not require bonjour printer service to be installed)
- for LAN connection: DeltaLinkXXXXXX.local where XXXXXX are the last 6 digits of the serial-number of the unit
- Continune with Logon below
Using Web Portal
- use a HTML5 compatible browser and navigate to the DeltaLink web-portal https://deltalink.vmt-gmbh.de/
- Login using the detail as found on the Quick Info sheet that came with your Delta Link
- click on the connection that ends in 'VNC'. A new window will open
- Continune with Logon below
- Now you are connected there is a password prompt. Default is: dlvnc (it might be changed later)
- The Delta Link interface will load and you can now configure the unit using LinkConfig
Bonjour printer service
For local connections, using LAN or direct LAN, the Delta Link is making use of the bonjour printer service. This allows your computer to find and talk with the Delta Link without having to know it IP address.
Have iTunes on your computer?
- No worries, the service is installed
Open windows Task manager and go to ‘Services’. Now find ‘Bonjour Service’ and check that it is running. See image
Need to get it?
- Visit the Apple website and download the Bonjour Print services application