What are tasks?
In Sitelink3D Enterprise, a task can be defined as a phase of construction that a machine or survey rover may be involved in.
- Mass excavation, finished grading or site leveling are examples of what a task may be defined as.
- Tasks can be as large (E.G: earth moving) or as specific (E.G: paving lane 1, lift 1) as needed.
- Sitelink3D Enterprise can track these tasks and give real-time progress reports for each task.
- Creating tasks properly is critical to generate accurate reports with Sitelink3D Enterprise.
- Please refer to the guides Sitelink 3D: Creating Regions and Sitelink 3D: Creating As-Built Layers.
Creating a Task
- Go to Menu > Operations > Tasks.
The General tab contains information about the task:
- Earthworks (records all elevation data)
- Earthworks Cut (only records elevation data lower than the previous lowest point)
- Earthworks Fill (only records elevation data higher than the previous highest point)
- Compaction (records data for intelligent compaction)
- FInshed grading (records all elevation data)
- Scheduled start date.
- Scheduled duration.
- Status: not started, in progress, suspended, completed.
- Actual start date (automatically filled once a machine selects the task).
- Unit: area or volume.
- Schedule quantity.
- Material (materials for a site can be added under Menu>Site Management>Materials)
- Go to the Machines tab to assign tasks to specifc machines.
- Placing the machine in the reserved column will let the machine select any task that has been reserved for it.
- Placing the machine in the assigned column will make the machine automatically select the task. It does have the ability to change to any other reserved task at any time.
Go to the Design tab to edit the as-built layer and design surface being used in the task.
- Asbuilt layer: Choose a created as-built layer that data will be recorded to.
- Design Surface: Choose the design surface to be used in the task.
- Design surface offset: Apply a vertical offset to the design surface for the task being created.
- Automtically update the design surface: When changes are made to the design surface, those changes are automatically sent to the control box.
- Go to the Regions tab.
- Click on the Regions icon to select the region or regions that will be used for a task.
- Press Update to save the changes and have the changes sent to the control box.